Monday, August 11, 2008

The "Jake Face"



Medium strikes again! He is so hilariously funny and he doesn't even try to be. Medium came downstairs the other day in cowboy boots, hat, white shirt and jeans. I told him he looks handsome so he runs to the bathroom to take a peek, while in the mirror he discovers a face that reminds him of his good friend Jake (who has the most adorable, innocent looking smile). He comes running in to tell me, "Look mom, it's Jake's face." I try to understand what he is talking about and when I do I ask him to make the face again. He moves his mouth around and uses his hand to erase his mouth when he can't seem to get it. He says, "Maybe I need the mirror." I go running in there with him with the camera to send this pic to Jake's mom. He continues to do the same thing in the mirror and then decides that maybe he needs the cowboy hat on to make the face. He puts the hat on and wah la, we have the face. As soon as I was about to take the picture he pops the hat off while maintaining the face so I could get the picture. Once he got his mouth right, he didn't need the hat anymore. Later that evening I asked him to show daddy and once again he needed the hat to get it right. I'm sure you would have to have been there to get the full effect of how funny it was, but this kid keeps us rolling! FYI (in case it wasn't obvious), it is not the face that was funny and he wasn't making fun of his friend, it was what it took to make the face that cracked us up.

The first picture is the picture I caught the first time when he popped the hat off. Below is a pic of him showing daddy the "Jake face" right before bed.

1 comment:

Robert said...

How cute! I agree, it does sort of look like Jacob.