I was fortunate enough to get to spend a fantastic date day with my eldest son before school starts. Grandma took the other two and we headed out for a day with just the two of us. Large really loves his one-on-one time(and his alone time for that matter) and he was so excited about it! We started the day off by going to eat cheese fries at Snuffers and then off to the Barnes and Noble to read books. Yes, he chose what we did that day. The kid loves to read. We sat in a big comfy chair together for probably an hour or so each reading our own books with not a brother around to interrupt us. There is no way we could have done that with the other two kids there. When we left he said, "That was so fun!" We then headed back to Grandma's to drop something off and then headed our way out to Dallas. Large's favorite restaurant is Chili's so that was our dinner stop (he was the only one to eat though because I was still stuffed from Snuffers). He finished up dinner and headed to the Dallas Children's Theater and got to watch the most wonderful performance of Frog and Toad. It was hilarious and very well done. Large laughed so hard through the whole thing. Even before it began the woman next to us said, "it looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!" Large was so excited and we were taking pictures and he was just giddy. When we got home (very late that night), he had to tell Daddy ALL his favorite parts, and I do mean all. He probably talked to him for about an hour. Barry said he must have really loved it, because he has never heard him seem that talkative and excited about anything (unlike his middle brother who can have a conversation with a speck of dirt). We had a fabulous day and the belly laughs and smile on his face made the whole day for me! Can't wait to do it again!
Here are some pics from the day and I'll add more later. The pics aren't that great because the only camera working was my camcorder and it didn't have a flash, but here goes...
(more pictures of our day will be posted soon)
2 comments:
I saw Large at church today and he has gotten big quick!
Is this a big growing year or what?!?!
I think Kyle did that, too at that age!
Your kids are precious!
Glad I could make that day so special.
Post a Comment