Monday, March 2, 2009

Random Pics (of the chaos of the last few weeks)

I know our blog has been pretty boring lately. I thought I would add a few random pics from the chaos of the past few weeks. Still not very exciting, but at least it is a post.

I still absolutely love my ginormous sink that we had put in a few years ago when we redid the kitchen. It comes in handy a lot. A few weeks ago, when I got all the baby clothes down from the attic, I decided a good presoak in Oxyclean would help with those great spit up stains that you always find when you pull the old baby clothes out. You know the ones I'm talking about. The kind that don't show up until after they have aged in a box in the attic. Well, I was able to fit all the baby clothes in the sink to soak and it looked so funny to me, that I took a picture of it. It doesn't look that bad, until you realize that my sink is 10" deep, and after adding tiny baby clothes and water there was only about 2" left in the sink.


M and S have been doing a lot of pretending to take naps or put their doggies to sleep with "night nights". It has been very cute. I tried to capture this picture, but I couldn't get our auto-focus to work. So sorry for the bluriness, but it was such a cute picture I couldn't resist.



I finally got my vacuum cleaners to replace our Dyson that has officially expired. It gave me the excuse to finally get a Roomba that I have been wanting. We got one that schedules and goes from room to room on its own. We have lovingly named it Rosie the Roomba Robot. Although, S has a different name for her. He calls her "Bad Robot". Their door to their bedroom doesn't close well and can be pushed open easily. I forgot this when I put the Roomba upstairs after bedtime. I noticed I wasn't hearing her close anymore and then I remembered about their door so I ran up there. She was working away in their room and S was up in his bed leaning over his rail with a very cross face. He was not happy at all. The next morning, he asked me where Bad Robot was. He told me she was a bad robot and told me all the things she did in their room. With Rosie and Scooby Doo (our Scooba), I'm hoping it will keep me a little more sane after baby. Barry is worried though that the Robots will revolt if we don't keep them happy, so he refuses to call Rosie, "Bad Robot".


I realize with the Roomba we will still need some sort of vacuum for quick clean ups and deep cleaning of our freize rug, so we got a crazy good deal on a canister vac and a cheap upright. I was excitedly putting together our canister vac when it came in the mail, and when I looked up, this is what I found...

S was having a blast in the new box!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Your mom said you got an incredible deal on the Roomba. I'd love to be in on the secret if so! She said it was only $50! Pray tell.

Kim said...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she was wrong. We paid $50 for our canister not our Roomba. The canister was a great deal though, it was $180 everywhere else, and I am loving it. You can get a Roomba for around $100 though. It doesn't have a scheduler or go from room to room, but if you don't care about that its a good way to get one fairly cheaply.