Monday, March 9, 2009

Putting the essentials together.


I got my new diaper bag from Pottery Barn Kids. I really love the look because it looks like it is just a big purse. Unfortunately, I ordered over the internet and couldn't get a great look at it. It turns out there are very few pockets and other than the outside pockets for bottles, it has almost no pockets at all. A disappointment for a diaper bag, but I still really liked it, so I got to work on some sewing projects. In about a day I sewed a diapees and wipees case to match my diaper bag with a matching burpcloth and bib to match. I found another fabric I really liked and made another matching burpcloth/bib set. I also needed a few more pockets to keep things organized in my big bag, so I made a bag much like the diapees and wipees case to fit my bib/burpcloth in one pocket and a change of clothes in the other pocket. All of which fit down into my diaper bag. I'm trying it out and so far I am liking it. We will see when baby arrives, but for now I'm happy.

The pics aren't great, but here are some pics of my projects:

Here is a good inside pic of the diaper bag. It did come with a handy changing pad, but no pocket on it either. The interior pockets are all shallow pockets for my stuff, not baby stuff.


Here is the diaper bag and all the additions to go inside..


A bad pic of my diapee and wipee case.

My bag for burp cloth/bib/change of clothes.

A close up of the matching burp cloth and bib.



A cute monkey fabric I found and wanted to do something with it.

Here is a pic of the diaper bag loaded and ready to go with all my new additions. I have missed sewing, and really enjoy working on this project. I wish I did this more, but it is hard for me to get out and find fabrics with little ones, but hopefully it will be sooner than a couple of years after baby that I pull the sewing machine out again. =)

No comments: