
Since I have had the sewing machine out lately, it has prompted me to do several sewing projects. The other night, I was about to sew something for another little baby and was digging through my fabric, and then I saw it. "It" was the Thomas the Tank Engine fabric that Medium had picked out a couple of birthdays ago for me to make him a blanket. I had needed some more binding before making it, so I didn't get around to it. While shopping at fabric stores recently, I had thought about it and grabbed some more binding. It also helped that Medium reminded me about the fabric when he saw another Thomas the Tank Engine Fabric at the store. Ouch! I felt so bad I had never gotten around to that. Well, when I saw the fabric in the closet, I stopped everything I was planning and made him the blanket that night. When I was finished I took it up to him and laid it on top of him in bed for him to find in the morning. The next morning, I took L to school and Barry was here with the little ones because they were still sleeping. Barry captured his excitement on the camera when Medium came down stairs that morning. I got endless thank you's from him when I got home. I love that all he thought about was how great he thought it was to have this blanket now, and not mentioning for one minute why I hadn't made it sooner. For as long as he was home, he was not without that blanket. It was so worth the 2am bedtime! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment