After the last game Saturday morning, the team went to breakfast together and the coaches got the kids some special gifts and even paid for their breakfast. They were so sweet, it was sad to say goodbye. Monday night they had an awards night that was fun for the whole family.Large 's coaches gave him the Most Christlike Award for their team.
Here are some highlights from the last game:
Monday night L had his awards ceremony and his coaches awarded him with the White Star Award for his team. The White Star Award is the Most Christlike award. His coaches were really great and he really enjoyed playing this year. Here is a pic of him with his award certificate...
The Great Train Expo:
Not so great, don't go! We left breakfast and went straight to The Great Train Expo in Downtown Fort Worth. If you know M and S, you know what big fans they are of trains. I kept getting info about it and thought the kids would love it. I was very disappointed to see that for the most part we paid $14 to get in to see dealers trying to sell their trains. There were about 4 models up that were only so-so (at least in my opinion). Somehow, it still captivated Small and Medium. They had advertised that there were a lot the kids could do. The two things the kids could do were ride a train and bounce in the bounce house. The ridiculous part about this is that both those charged $4 per kid per time, and we paid $14 to get in! Here is a picture of the train ride (self propelled no less). At least M seemed to love the Expo, so I guess that made it all worth it.
Mommy/Son date:
I know L was just as unimpressed as Barry and I about the Expo. I had been wanting to take L out for a Mommy/son date before baby arrived, and I decided at the train show that he and I could go out that evening. His response when I asked was, "Yeah, that would be worth it." I believe he was referring to the time wasted at the train show. That cracked me up.
Early evening, L and I went out to Snuffers for dinner and shared some chicken strips and cheese fries. Then, we headed over to the Barnes and Noble to look at and read books. In case you are wondering, yes, this is what he picked to do. I offered a children's theater show, a Mav's game, or going over to Barnes & Noble after dinner. He emphatically picked the book store. Such a funny kid.
We had a great time. We ate well, read lots of books, and came home for hot chocolate. He's my kid that really needs that one-on-one time, and I was glad that we got that in before baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment