I had my last Dr.'s appointment today. Next Tuesday this little guy will be induced if he doesn't come any sooner. I have been having back pain and some contractions the last few days, so I'm hoping for sooner than later. I have consistently stayed 1 cm throughout my appointments, which is very typical for me. I did jump up to 70% effaced from 30% last week, so hopefully that means we are making progress. I typically go into the hospital at a 2 or 3, so it could happen (fingers crossed).
I prefer to have the baby come when ready, so I'm not a huge fan of inducement. However, I'm also a big fan of having my doctor (who has delivered all 3 of my other children) at the delivery. I went in last week for my Doctor's appointment and we talked about a date after my due date to induce, and then he looked at his calendar and noticed he would be out the two days before and after my due date. Which for me, would be the typical time my babies arrive. So, he talked about going a bit earlier. We agreed on Monday or Tuesday of that week. It really works better being that it is Spring Break, so my mom doesn't have to take off of school to watch the kiddos and we don't have homeschool/school that week. So I agreed.
They called me back with availability for Tuesday, the 17th. It wasn't till later that I realized that it is St. Patrick's Day. I am not thrilled about the date. I don't mind if that is the day he plans to come, but don't really like scheduling him on a holiday (probably why they had room for me on Tuesday). Barry doesn't think it is a big deal, and I haven't done anything about it yet, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I may call tomorrow and see if they can put me on a waitlist for Monday. Really though, I'd prefer for him to make his debut on his own before then anyway. We shall see.
We have most everything setup and ready for baby. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of this new little guy. Can't wait to meet him. If he is anything like the other three, he won't be anything like the other three. =) I can't wait to be a student of this child. Please pray for the baby to come on his own, happy and healthy, and for the delivery to go smoothly.
Stay tuned for further information...
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Funny, I was just praying for you in the shower this morning. For some reason you came to mind. Cool how God works, huh?
I think the 17th would be a wonderful birthday to have! Just think, God has his birthday all planned out already.
Hang in there!!
Thank you Lori! Yes, it will all be in His perfect timing. Funny how we stress over these kinds of things that we have virtually no control of.
Post a Comment