
I knew something was wrong this morning when I got busy working on something and before I knew it, it was 11:30am. Still no peep out of Small. I keep the monitor in a central place in the house, so I can hear him as soon as he makes a sound. I don't always rush up there, but I would have known if he was awake or not. I ran up to check on him and he barely came too. After a quick diaper change and temperature check(no fever), he asked for something to eat. I gave him some food, and as soon as he was done he ran to me and just laid limp. We snuggled for quite a while, but I very quickly got concerned. If I tried standing him up he would go limp. If I tried to carry him he would bobble and hang off of me. I had to hoist the 27 lb. ragdoll up over my shoulder, and he would just lay limp on me. If the child had fever, I wouldn't have worried one bit, knowing he would get through it, but he didn't. So, we made a trip to the doctor. 15 minutes later, I hadn't really learned anything new, but we were finished. The doctor found it strange also, but said he is either on the verge of a fever or there is something else going on. So, I was promptly supplied some test tubes to collect Small's fecal matter, yep poop! As soon as we got home he went down for a nap. After waking from his nap about 30 minutes ago, he seemed much better. Such a relief. He played with the brothers for a bit then asked to eat. He is not 100%, and I am still curious as to what that was all about, but I am definitely more relieved then I was this morning. We will still be collecting a stool sample, just in case, but hopefully our baby boy is on the mend.
No comments:
Post a Comment