Monday, February 9, 2009

So Long Guest Room, Hello Large's New Hangout

Just thought I would update everyone on what has been going on. We are rotating the rooms. Large is getting his own room as viewed in our video announcing the baby to the boys. He is getting the guest room and will soon reap the wonderful privilege of getting to clean his own bathroom. :) Medium moves up in the bunkbed of the room he and Large shared, and Small moves in and has earned his spot in the Big Boy Bed.

As a recap, you can go here to see the before picture of the guest room. Yes, it had a bit of a feminine touch, but there is very little of that still in this house now. Here is a picture of the prep before painting over the pink flowers...


A pic of the final color that Barry and I painted several weeks ago.


A hilarious picture of the very excited Large in his new room. Yes, that is a pic of the bedding he picked out. My artist likes things bright and bold. :)


My dear friend, Angie came over and helped me plan out and execute the stripes on the wall. She helped me get everything marked and taped off, and then Barry and I painted the stripe colors the next day. I think Large thought we were crazy before we got the tape off the wall. Here is the pic of before pulling the tape.



And now after pulling the tape...



I had a little touch up to do after this, but I am very happy with the results, and more importantly so was Large. I must say that I was quite surprised with how much I enjoyed striping the walls, and how quickly it went. I was ready to keep striping things, but I have more important things left on my to-do list. More pictures to follow...

No comments: