Friday, February 13, 2009

5 Weeks and Counting...

Today is 5 weeks to XS's due date. I have finished washing and folding baby clothes, now I just need to get them to the drawers. Good news though, the drawers are empty and ready to receive them. I also felt it a necessity to spend this evening finding a take-home outfit for XS. Things are moving along, but somehow I feel not quite fast enough. The past few days I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions, pressure and back aches. I haven't really ever had the Braxton Hicks until right around due date time, so this kicked me into high gear. I know, it probably means I should slow down, but now I'm a little concerned we will be having the baby much earlier than the others. I will go in for my next appointment on Tuesday and will be having my first exam. I don't usually make any progress until I start into actual labor, so I will be quite surprised to find it any different on Tuesday, but you never know.

I had a good time shopping with my mom tonight as we looked to fill the gaps for baby clothes. We found some really great deals and some adorable outfits. I found big brother/little brother shirts for the hospital. I'll try and take some pics tomorrow and add them to the blog. I still need to pack a diaper bag, but first I need to get one. I'm tired of the old one's (that could be a whole blog post in and of itself), and ready for something a little different. In the past, I've had very utilitarian diaper bags from Land's End that have been great, and while they have lasted through every kid, I'm ready to actually carry something around that looks like a purse. I'm debating on just getting a large purse and adding a skip hop changing pad/kit to go in it, or get a Pottery Barn diaper bag I've had my eye on. Hmmm, better make my decision quick!

There are many more things to do, but I am slowly checking off my lists(It might help if I stop adding to them). Even though I tend to have lofty goals when I am nesting(and this time I started too late), deep down I know that this baby will come when he's ready and even if my "wish list" is not complete it will be OK. With this being my fourth, I know what things are really important and what things just aren't that big of a deal. I can't wait to meet this new little one, but if he could just hold off a bit longer, that would be great! :)

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I did the whole big purse diaper bag thing and HATED it! It lasted 2 weeks, and that was only because I couldn't get out to get another one sooner. The thing that bothered me about it was that there just wasn't a place for everything. I like the utilitarian style diaper bag because everything has a pocket that's sized perfectly for what it's designed for. When I reach in, I can find exactly what I'm looking for without having to pull everything out first. I do still have the purse-like one packed for special occasions. And I'm always tempted still when I see cute big bags thinking that maybe I could just make that one work. =)

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Alicia, thanks for the feedback. I've always had utilitarian style diaper bags, and I do like them a lot. However, with the more kids I have had, the sooner I have chunked carrying around a diaper bag. I will still use my Lands End diaper bag that I keep in the car and probably use that for childcare. I've just grown tired of having to carry a diaper bag for the past 7+ years. I think I am leaning towards the Pottery Barn diaper bag, but it doesn't even have as many pockets as I would like it to have. I too like lots of pockets, and that is true even for my purses. Sigh...So far I have found nothing perfect.

Alicia said...

I have this thing called a Chameleon that I used to use for purses (back when I got to carry one). I wonder if that would work for you? Here's the link.
http://www.chameleoninserts.com/id30.html
It may be perfect to use for diaper bag stuff in a big purse. That way you could buy any big bag or purse you like and not have to worry about the pockets (or lack thereof).

Kim said...

That is very cool. I hadn't heard of those before. For someone that doesn't like to shop, I'm amazed at all the stuff you find. Thanks for the tip!