Yesterday we went to Barry's parents' house to visit their new wired-haired dachshund puppy named Ruby. She is so cute and the boys loved her immediately. Small in particular seemed quite fond of her. He has just latched onto a very small stuffed dog that he has affectionately named "Doggie". I think Ruby reminded him of his Doggie. Since our Chocolate Lab, Sydney, entered the picture, he has been terrified of dogs, even little ones. So, it was very cute to see him liking this puppy so much. He kept saying, "Wook, Mama, Puppy" I let Small put Ruby in his lap and he held her tight. Not too tight though, he was actually very gentle with her. Except for the occassion when she would walk away from him, and he would try to bring her back by her neck. :) Medium also wanted to hold Ruby and every time I would let him, Small would scream, "NO, MY DOGGIE"! Ha! If we weren't having a baby in 4 weeks or less, I'd be very tempted to get a little puppy like Ruby. I will say though, if anyone would like to trade a well behaved, low key small 2 year-old dog, for a happy, fun-loving, ENERGETIC, beautiful 2 year-old Chocolate Lab, I may have a deal for you!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Meeting Ruby
Yesterday we went to Barry's parents' house to visit their new wired-haired dachshund puppy named Ruby. She is so cute and the boys loved her immediately. Small in particular seemed quite fond of her. He has just latched onto a very small stuffed dog that he has affectionately named "Doggie". I think Ruby reminded him of his Doggie. Since our Chocolate Lab, Sydney, entered the picture, he has been terrified of dogs, even little ones. So, it was very cute to see him liking this puppy so much. He kept saying, "Wook, Mama, Puppy" I let Small put Ruby in his lap and he held her tight. Not too tight though, he was actually very gentle with her. Except for the occassion when she would walk away from him, and he would try to bring her back by her neck. :) Medium also wanted to hold Ruby and every time I would let him, Small would scream, "NO, MY DOGGIE"! Ha! If we weren't having a baby in 4 weeks or less, I'd be very tempted to get a little puppy like Ruby. I will say though, if anyone would like to trade a well behaved, low key small 2 year-old dog, for a happy, fun-loving, ENERGETIC, beautiful 2 year-old Chocolate Lab, I may have a deal for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If by well-behaved and low-key, you actually mean obnoxious and high-strung...and if by 2-year-old, you actually mean 3-year-old, have we got a fun-loving small dog for you!
Post a Comment