This is the museum entrance. So close, yet so far!
I really liked the wording on this plaque. Enlarge it to read...

The watch shop that the Ten Boom family ran is still in operation today! It was actually celebrating it's 100th birthday around the time of the events for which it is famous, so it's been there a very long time.

A shot of the front of the house from the street.

One place I was able to go inside was this really magnificent church called St. Bavo's, the church that the Ten Boom family attended. The organ was built between 1735 and 1738, and it is said that both Mozart and Handel have played this organ (Mozart when he was 10).


I'm glad I went, but I regret not declining the 30 minute meeting which prohibited me from making it in time to go to the tour. Oh well, maybe there'll be another chance to do that someday. If you haven't read "The Hiding Place", it's a great read!
No comments:
Post a Comment