Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Drum Roll Please...

Ok, I know it is about time that we got the bathroom pictures up. I was waiting for Barry to install the towel bars, and he did and then I still didn't get around to doing it until today. It could still use a few finishing touches that I will get to eventually (i.e. decorative towels, cabinet door hardware, and a few decorative knick knacks), but for now it is finished! Whew! So for those that have been waiting, here are the pictures. These first two are the before pics...




After (starting from the left of the room going all the way around to the right side)

The single vanity is now a double vanity and we are using this space much better than before. I never used the vanity seating area that was there before. The cabinet is counter heighth, so we have lots more storage below too. I wanted the upper cabinet to add to our storage space also, because the old layout was lacking.

We kept the tub and surrounded the bottom with the same cabinetry as the linen closet and vanity so that it all flows together. We removed Barry's old sink and added a linen closet, since we did not have one in the entire downstairs. The tile on the tub deck is the same as in the shower floor and the surrounding wall tile is a smaller version of the shower wall tile with a bronze chair rail on top. Close up is below.

Shower entry. This shower is huge! We removed a dead section in our closet and only lost a small bit of hanging space. Cleaning out the closet has left us with plenty space still to fill.

The kids love using our shower. We just stick them all in and hose them off with our handspray. Actually, they like to both have their own shower head. The handspray has a bar that the shower head can slide down on, perfect for a kid sized shower. The handspray comes in handy for cleaning that huge shower too!



A picture of our floor and a close up. I found this really cool glazed porcelain floor tile that is made to look like wood planks. So we have the rich warm look of wood on our floors, but don't have to worry about wet wood. Best of all we added an in-floor heating system that should make it nice and toasty in the winter.

Below are pics of some close ups and some of the additional features.



From left to right and top to bottom: 1) Close up of tile surround around tub. 2)Hubby added some new rocker switches and one dimmer that will bring the room to a low light dim with one push, great for the mornings. The top box is our in-floor heating system thermostat. 3)Close up of Shower Floor tiles. 4)Appliance garage for blow dryer and razor at the base of upper vanity cabinet. 5)Linen closet hamper, found some skinny hampers so I can sort them as we throw them in too. 6)towel rack that my handy dandy husband installed himself into the tile of our half wall. He did a great job!

So there it is. It is fun to see a vision turned into reality. I knew I had always wanted to change the layout of that bathroom, but never thought we would really do it. Large is very glad it was mostly finished in time for summer and so were we!





2 comments:

Barry said...

Wow - your husband must be the greatest!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!