Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Small's Birthday
For those of you wondering(because I know you were in suspense), we did finally have a birthday party for Small. My in-laws brought his gifts over the week before, but we did have an official party for him the day after Barry's Birthday, May 24th. We just had my family over and combined my mom's, Barry's and Small's into one, but of course all the attention was on Small, but they did get their own cake.
A month before his birthday I walked through the party aisle at Walmart and thought I would pick some cute theme out for him. Figuring I had another year or so before he showed a preference. I know the kid LOVES Thomas, but I was not going to have another Thomas party if I didn't have to. Maybe safari animals or something of that nature, he's just 2. Nope, not a chance. He doesn't even know why we are walking down the aisle, but I walk right past the Thomas party supplies and the kid screams from the top of his lungs until I begrudgingly pick up one of the Thomas plates and hand it to him. He immediately stops crying and says sweetly, "Whas Daaaa", the phrase he mutters everytime he sees Thomas just so he can wait till I say "Thomas." He contently held onto the plate while riding in the shopping cart, muttering "Whas Daaaa" every so often, for the rest of our grocery shop visit. So, I guess Thomas it is! Did I say something about not having a preference??? Man, was I wrong. Here are some pics of the celebrated day...
Note: Just to make mama feel better about his belated birthday I felt I owed it to him to spend most of a day working on his cake because he just loves Thomas. Note #2: This is my 3rd Thomas cake and my 4th Train cake. My kids are train crazy! The train addiction is coming earlier and earlier in each kid too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment