6:30am -- awaken to thunder.
6:31am -- realize our day at the pool may be canceled (and had already been postponed from Tuesday because of weather). Hmmm, but maybe, just maybe everyone will sleep in (because my kids tend to sleep in when it is dark out).
6:32am -- get up to check the weather, yep pool is definitely out. Kids will be bummed, but I am hoping for the sleeping in thing.
6:34am -- go back to bed
6:35am -- back to sleep
8:35am --wake to Large climbing into bed with me. He doesn't say anything, so before I know it...
8:36am --back to sleep
8:45am --Large tells me phone is ringing, missed it
8:46am --call friend that we were going to the pool with back, she is already on the other line.
8:51am -- friend calls back. We agree, yep pool is out, let's try for tomorrow. Then she proceeds to tell me all they had done that day. It was her sons birthday and he got up at 4am woke his brother and told him it was morning. By 6:30am, he asked to go to the store to exchange his new Heelys for the right size. Mom said the store isn't even open yet. They had even already been out that morning practicing with his new rip stick and had to go in to lightning. I said, "This was all today! Only one of my kids is up and he is curled up quietly on the bed (not mentioning the fact that I was there right beside him)." She got mad and told me to stop talking, she didn't want to hear it.
9:00am -- Hang up the phone
9:01am -- Medium walks in. He says, "I know it is not morning, but I woke up to the funderstorm." Ha! What a great morning!
Happy Birthday C! Hope you and your family have a great day...and mom gets some rest!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like our morning. Hannah woke up for breakfast at 8 but fell back to sleep immediately after finishing. So we all went back to bed and slept until 10:45! It was wonderful. The "funder" and rain was just so peaceful. What a great start to a not-so-fun day.
Post a Comment