Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's good to be home

I left Tokyo at 11:30 Thursday morning, and arrived home almost 3 hours earlier than I left! By the time I got through immigration, got my luggage, and through customs, it was about time for Large to have lunch at his school, so we all surprised him by having lunch with him at school. It was fun to see the look on his face when he saw me. I think this is the first trip I've been on that any of the kids were really aware of what Daddy being for a week really meant, and Large really had a hard time with it when they were dropping me off at the airport. Kim later told me that he was crying in the car as they drove away from the airport, and then cried again later during the week. I'm really glad that my job doesn't involve a lot of travel.

When I finally got home I was greeted by this sign on the door


It's good to be back home with my sweet family where I belong!

1 comment:

TexasPatrick said...

So Large calls you "Barry"? Way to go on the Homer Simpson parenting . . . I am so jealous . . .