Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blog Hijacked by Someone in Tokyo

Barry has been filling us in on all the exciting things he is seeing in Tokyo (he obviously has not even left his hotel). For those of you who don't really care for toilets that squirt and sumo wrestlers, I thought I would blog about some of the goings on here at home. Not quite as exciting, but it is what it is. Despite the fact that the house is still not back together, I'm going on very little sleep(I must be vicariously feeling Barry's jet lag), we all miss Daddy, and Small is 2 (you know, the year that precedes with "The Terrible"), I decided to think on the positive side and make a list of the things I'm loving this week. Here goes...

  • The pitter patter sounds of Small running across the wood floors.
  • Medium's new found love of pretending with stuffed animals (to be discussed in the next blog post).
  • Seeing Large's sweet compassionate heart, worried about his Daddy being so far away.
  • Small communicating better and better every day.
  • Medium's amazing new train track building abilities.
  • Large making lists for the family (i.e. what we will be doing this summer, oh how the boy loves lists)
  • Small's smile and attachment to mama.
  • Medium's ability to charm himself out of any situation(I know that one will come back to bite us, but man can that kid be cute and hilarious all in one)
  • Large inviting everyone who steps into the threshold of our house up to see his store. Money is not necessary, but donations to his "investigate" fund for college is accepted (his words, not mine).
  • Small's sweet angelic voice (i.e. not the screaming one, he has that one too!).
  • The spur of the moment picnic Large and I planned for the boys.
  • Making brownies for my boys (who is kidding who, they are just the excuse!).
  • Knowing I can call Hubby at 1:30am his time, because I'm stressing about something, and knowing he will still be understanding despite the hour(yep, I've got a keeper!).
  • Small humming the "Thomas" song sweetly while playing trains.
  • Large telling me how much he loves me, out of the blue, and knowing he really means it.
  • Medium telling me how much he loves me, and knowing he wants something(Ha! JK, he is a lover just like his brother)
  • Small telling me "TT, Mama" while pointing to the TV and then humming the Thomas song, just in case I didn't know what show he wanted to watch.

Yep, those are all things that make me smile. Now it is time for sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a blog that is not about toilets and sumo wrestlers ;-)