Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finally went outside the hotel today!

Today was my last day in Tokyo and the first day I actually ventured outside the hotel, besides yesterday night when the LiMo foundation took us out to dinner.

Today a coworker of mine and I went to a shopping area in an area of Tokyo called Shinjunku. We took a shuttle bus from our hotel to Meguro station and we took the Japan Rail to the Shinjunku station.


We went into several shops including a famous electronics store called Yodobashi Camera.


That store was pretty cool but we were surprised to see that the prices were very high. Apparently you can bargain there but neither of us were really in the mood for that and we weren't really in the market for anything. Most of the other stores we went into were pretty unimpressive but still it was fun finally taking the train and seeing a little bit of the city. I wish I had a chance to do a little more but I am glad to be going home tomorrow. I miss my family and am very homesick! Plus I'm very disappointed that I haven't seen a single Ninja. It was my understanding that I was going to get to see some totally sweet Ninjas!

Oh well, maybe next time. My next post will probably be from home sweet home!

1 comment:

TexasPatrick said...

Dude, of course you can't see any ninjas. They don't "exist" wink wink. If you see them, you die. You don't want that. If you see them and don't die, you must be a ninja.

I wish you would have asked me this before you left. We could have sorted it all out.