Friday, July 24, 2009

My Linus


L found this shirt at the store yesterday and just smiled. He showed me and we all knew we just had to get it for Small. I've mentioned before in a post about how Small has always been a blanket snob. Back in the crib days, I would give him a blanket, and if it was not one of the Gymboree blankets we have collected over the years, he would throw it over the side and reject it. He always wanted to sleep with "Night-Night", and often would like to just have one close by for security. We all got in the habit of calling him Linus, but instead of his thumb being in his mouth, the blanket would be. He was starting to ruin some of our nicer blankets by biting them, so I decided with baby coming we would limit him to just one and give the rest to XS. He still likes to sleep with it, but he doesn't always have to. Occassionally, if he is getting sleepy he still finds his Night-Night and cuddles up with it. Fortunately, he is not so obssesed with it that I don't feel like there will be a problem with having to take it away from him. None of my children have ever been thumb/paci suckers or had a security object until Night-Night came along, so for now I find it endearing and just call him my Linus.

No comments: