Thursday, July 23, 2009

3 of a Kind


It's funny how brother's work together. All little brother's want to be like their big brothers. The big brothers occasionally find it flattering, but too often it is just plain annoying. When they get annoyed, I try to remind them of how special they must be to their little brother for him to want to copy. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I just hear, "Stop copying me", like a daisy chain starting from Large all they way down to Small. Anytime I see them working together cohesively as 3 of Kind, I run to get a camera to document(before I lose my chance). Here are some sweet pics of times like these...

Playing peacefully together is a beautiful thing.


Picture is a bit blurry, but I love this one, because S ran right up to the elephant and crossed his hands on top to pose for the picture, something he has seen M do very often.


Big brother made sure all the little brothers had plenty of eggs.


And my all time favorite...

L is an artist. He LOVES to draw. He draws things daily, and sometimes even hourly. The younger brothers follow suit. M is always trying to draw the same things L draws, and often L will try to help him add detail where he wants it. S will always sit down with them and draw the little Einsteins Big Jet(of course it looks like a bunch of circles, but they all just smile and tell him "good job" when he shows it to them).

L is also a big time reader. That is a post in and of itself, but it is fun to see the little ones trying to do the same thing. M is doing great, and I think a lot of it has to do with big brother's influence. S even pulled out a book and told me a long story to go with all the pictures. :) I thought for sure I had a picture of the three of them reading together, but I can't find it. So, instead, I'll just show the one below(make sure and take note of the direction of Small's book).
I treasure these moments and I'm so glad to have them documented, because before we know it these times will be gone. I'm sure in just a blink of an eye, you will see a blog post very similar, but instead of 3 it will be 4. I'm looking forward to those days, but I don't want to rush any of the sweet days ahead. I love each and every one of my sweet baby boys!

No comments: