So for whatever reason I felt the need this morning to take the kids to church even though Kim was still on her retreat. I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking. This might have been a really good day to have gone to the evening service since Kim was going to get back this afternoon, but I guess I wanted to think that I could do it. Well, I did it, but it was a challenge.I had the kids up and fed and was trying to do some last minute cleaning up so that Kim would have a clean house to come home to. I cleaned up the upstairs and the kids pulled out this stuff called "Moon Sand" that they have and can play with at the kitchen table. "Good idea" I thought to myself. "That will keep them from messing up the gameroom that I just cleaned up". Well, it wasn't good. It was very very bad! They made such a huge mess with the moon sand that Medium had it all over his rear end and feet. Wherever he sat or walked in the house there was moon sand. And he walked and sat a lot of places. So while I was trying to clean up the filth that we had been creating all weekend, Medium was making new filth! So I cleaned him off and sent him upstairs, where he then messed up the gameroom that I had already cleaned up. I have a new appreciation for all that Kim does around here.
Sorry, Kim, for not being able to have the house as clean as I wanted when you got home! Hopefully your expectations were set low enough that you were happy just to see that the house was not on fire when you got home (in which case I'm glad you did not get home 10 minutes earlier). Glad you're home!
4 comments:
Don't let him fool you. The kids were well fed and happy. The house wasn't that bad and I had cookies awaiting my return! I did find the occasional pile of blue sand in odd places, but that would have happened to anyone. Well anyone that would have given the kids moon sand to play with so the house can stay clean(Hehe!), but definitely 2 thumbs up for Mr. Mom! Thanks, honey, for letting me go, for doing a great job with the kiddos, and for the renewed appreciation for my job!
Oh and did I mention he made me an unbelievable Valentine's dinner the night before I left on the retreat! Yep, he's quite a catch!
Next time try Play-Doh or fingerpainting. They're always good options for keeping the kids occupied while you clean house. :-)
Leandra
Leandra, I'm detecting a little sarcasm.
Post a Comment