We have a new pastor at our church. We have a pretty big church, and we haven't had a chance to really get to know him yet. So the pastor walks by us at church on Sunday and smiles and says "Hi!" to Large and Medium as I am dropping off Small. I proudly look over and think how cute the boys look and I smile at the pastor and tell the the boys to say hi and have the fleeting, prideful thought of, "I'm sure my boys will impress the pastor and we will have a chance to meet." Well, I am immediately humbled, as children usually do that to you, as Medium looks at him and says, "Hi...Whatever." With a half smile, half astonished look, the pastor turns back around looking at Medium, then me and then back to Medium. My mouth drops open and I say, "What did you say?" The pastor without missing a beat graciously moves on with a smile on his face. I immediately lay into Medium telling him you do not say "Whatever" when you are talking to someone. His reply was simply, "But I don't know him." Ha! What medium was trying to say was "Hi...Whoever", and being 4 and having an incredible memory for names, he likes to call people by their name. So, he wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but it was too late, the impression was already made. Great! Now we will be known as the family with disrespectful kids. Thanks Medium!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, that's funny! Don't you wish we had the chance to go back to everyone we (or our kids) have wronged and explain the heart behind it? I'm sure, seeing as how he's a dad too, that he completely understands. =)
Post a Comment