Sunday, November 9, 2008

John McWhorter on Dennis Prager

So far, so good on the NaBloPoMo challenge. It's hard to think of something to write every day for somebody like me who doesn't have a lot going on upstairs. It will be easier to think of something to write every day later this month because we're going on a vacation to Disney World, but for now I need a strategy. As you may have noticed my strategy lately has been to steal stuff from people who do have a lot going on upstairs. One such person is John McWhorter of the Manhattan Institute. You can listen to him on my favorite radio show, The Dennis Prager Show below. If what he says is true, and if Barack Obama basically governs from the center, as he seems to be indicating that he will (the Rahm Emanuel appointment notwithstanding) then this presidency could be a good thing for this country. I have adopted a "shake the etch-a-sketch and wait and see" approach rather than the "we're all doomed!!" approach. I hope John is right!











PS: As you can tell I'm having fun with this audio player widget that I figured out how to use

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have McWhorter's book, "Winning the Race," and it's good. I heard him on a talk radio show and he was so right on that I went out and bought the book. It was particularly relevant for me when I was teaching in TX (my particular school/area).

Just thought I'd share. :)

Stephanie said...

You are doing good on the challenge! I've enjoyed keeping up with your thoughts!