I plan on starting the new tradition of reading Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol during the Christmas season to my kids this year. I have actually never read the novella myself, but of course we all know the story. Last year I took Large and Medium to the play that a local theater put on and they really enjoyed it (though they didn't like the first ghost). I also enjoyed reading this pastor's blog series about the book a couple of years ago and decided then that I would start this tradition when the kids were old enough. Since Large has tackled most of the Chronicles of Narnia series I'm pretty sure he's ready. I'm excited about this tradition. Read Mark D. Roberts's blog series about the book - it's really interesting!
Monday, November 24, 2008
A Christmas Carol
I plan on starting the new tradition of reading Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol during the Christmas season to my kids this year. I have actually never read the novella myself, but of course we all know the story. Last year I took Large and Medium to the play that a local theater put on and they really enjoyed it (though they didn't like the first ghost). I also enjoyed reading this pastor's blog series about the book a couple of years ago and decided then that I would start this tradition when the kids were old enough. Since Large has tackled most of the Chronicles of Narnia series I'm pretty sure he's ready. I'm excited about this tradition. Read Mark D. Roberts's blog series about the book - it's really interesting!
Labels:
recommended books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fantastic. This will be a tradition we share then. Over the past few years, I've been reading the book with my students, and I've grown to love it more every year. It's very, very wordy though. It might take more than a little stopping and explaining along the way. I'd read is through once before you read aloud to the kids. Also, the Muppet's Christmas Carol is greatness. Seriously. We own it and watch it every year. Also, Patrick Stewart's version of Scrooge is good. I've seen them all those two are best. And I'll check out the blog when I can. Hope you are having fun in Disney.
Post a Comment