Medium has had quite amazing linguistic skills since he was little bitty. At 8 months I tried get him to sign "more", but he kept his hands down and just said "mo". Since then, I am not sure he has ever quit talking. He was speaking entire sentences and having full conversations at age 16 months. He has great pronunciation skills, but despite that there are still a few words he seems to have trouble with. These were words that I rarely corrected, because I wanted to hold on to them for as long as possible. We have decided to publish a dictionary of some of our favorite "Medium-isms". Some are still around, but some have already gone away. So here goes:
Word Definition
"Grill" --> girl. ex: "Momma you're a grill!"
"Leary" --> really ex: "Momma I leary love you!"
"Ollip" --> olive
"Familiar" --> unfamiliar
"sawl" --> saw
"Papa John" --> parmesan ex: "Momma can you pass the Papa John?"
"legular" --> regular
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You forgot one:
"F*!@" --> truck. ex "A f*!@! A f*!@!" whenever anything passed on wheels. =)
Yes thankfully we have outgrown that one!
Post a Comment