I used to be a real big fan of "The Simpsons". I still like it but in the past it was a bigger part of my life than it is now. I guess I have outgrown that stage of my life. Besides I only have time for a few passions in life, and now "The Office" holds the place in my heart that The Simpsons used to have.Anyway, one of the characters on "The Simpsons" is this guy to the left - Ned Flanders. He's the super friendly, super cheesy, super religious guy. Well, something happened at our house last week that made me realize that I am more like Ned Flanders than I ever feared. We have this "Noah's Ark" chair that we keep in the living room:
...and we decided to make it the "Whining" chair. Whenever one of the kids (usually Medium) whines, he has to sit in that chair for 4 minutes. Kim and I had Medium in the chair last week, and while there he continued to whine. So we jokingly clarified to him that it's actually not the whining chair, but the "no whining" chair. Well, we realized that the chair is a Noah's ark chair, and one of us, I'm not sure which of us (but I secretly really hope it was Kim), said "It's the 'Noah Whining' chair!". We thought we were very clever for about 5 minutes, and then something horrible and disturbing occurred to me: This was perhaps the most Flanders-esque thing imaginable! I have become Ned Flanders!
I hope you don't think less of me. (Below: Medium in the Noah Whining chair)
No comments:
Post a Comment