So, we've bitten the bullet and gone ahead with a full-blown remodel. All because of a slab leak between our study and bathroom. Somehow, I didn't think my remodeling woes would come this soon in the process, but I think I was being misguided by how much I liked the idea of getting hardwoods. We had always said that we wanted to put them in this house, and when we decided to go ahead one reason was that moving is so much of a pain(not that we were planning on moving any time soon); I'd rather just do what we love to this house and enjoy it while we are here. Well, here we go...
Before...
How the day started...Israel came over and took out our foyer tile...
Brother and his wife comes over after 8pm to help us move furniture and pack, thank you, thank you, thank you...
10pm, brother and wife leave. Oh, no just realized bulk trash is tomorrow, let's do the carpet and tack strips tonight. ...
Barry taking out the carpet pad (time: very late)...
After...
We'll be cleaning this up tomorrow, but for now we also have to live in this mess with nails all over and 3 kids under the age of 6. Hmmm, moving doesn't sound so bad after all! Correction, staying here with our old carpet sounds even better. Just kidding, I'm sure we will love it and think it is all worth it when it is over. I hope so at least!
1 comment:
I so wish that I was there to help! My knees are almost fully recovered from our last tiling job.
Post a Comment