I'm sure many people get use to washing dishes in the sink and they do just fine without one, but for me in this stage of my life with 3 wee ones and my dear hubby , I see it as a "plush" necessity. I think I'll coin that term. I define a plush necessity as something that deep down I realize is not really a necessity, but if I can afford to have one it is on the top of my "have" list.
The reason I blog about this is that I have a fresh realization of how thankful I am to have a dishwasher. With the plumbing issues mentioned earlier, we had one night of no water and a night where we had hot water only upstairs. Meaning, no dishwashing or hot water clothes washing for two days. So out of need I hauled the dishes up the stairs and washed them in the guest bathroom tub. So thank you to the inventor of Dishwashers and thank you to God for allowing me this piece of luxury. Hopefully I will have it back soon!
2 comments:
I was without water for right about 24 hours over the weekend, and it was brutal - and I have no kids and a husband out of town.
I hope things are getting back to normal!
Yes, things are much better now. We got our water back, but did not have it in the kitchen or laundry room until this Tuesday. So a full week of finding alternative means of washing dishes. I am so happy to have the dishwasher back now! Now we just have to get these holes patched back up.
Post a Comment