Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tasmanian Devils

Yesterday, we had the front entry painted. Nothing fancy, just repainted the same color in a more durable paint. I was still happy with the color, we just mainly needed to take care of the wall going up the stair case. For some reason my children have still not figured out what a handrail is for, despite my many attempts to explain this to them. We could have just repainted that wall, but after the floors were put in over a year ago, the tile removal involved lots of tile shards flying and nicking many of the other walls. That, plus five years of wear and tear, it was just time to freshen up. Our painter we have used in the past called looking for a job and I told him we could use an estimate because we needed to do the front entry sometime soon. I had put it off, knowing full well that the greasy fingerprints and nicks from toys "accidentally" falling down the stairs would magically reappear sooner than later. He gave us a great deal considering we have four big walls that go up two stories, and one being the curved staircase. Barry said he could do it, but it sure would be a stupid way to die. So, we pulled the trigger and had it done(by the painter, not the killing Barry part. Whew! Glad I cleared that up!).

Besides nap time, I contained the kids to the living room and kitchen area. I blocked it off so XS had a place to crawl around. By the end of the day when Barry got home he found this...


...and said, "So this is what it would be like to contain Tasmanian devils to one room."

No comments: