Monday, March 22, 2010

The 90 minute Shirt




My sister-in-law pointed me towards a blog called Dana-Made-It, because her month of February was a full month dedicated to all things boys. Perfect for me, huh! I saw it and just fell in love with a lot of her fun projects. My favorite thing on the blog was the 90 minute shirts that she makes. I couldn't wait to make one. So, I got all the ribbed knit supplies, dug through old knit shirts, found those I was willing to refashion and got to work with the help of her great tutorial.

I was inspired with trying to get a shirt made for XS's birthday. He's a St. Patty's baby as you know, so at least with his first year we went with that theme. I thought about doing a freezer paper stencil like she makes on her site, but opted with doing a reverse applique instead. I used the same ribbed knit that I used on the cuffs and neckline. The hardest part was getting my pattern the way I liked it. I used some very old scrap t-shirts to do a quick sew up before doing the real deal. I'm pleased with how it came out, and can't wait to make more.



1 comment:

dana said...

so cute! and great idea on the st. patty's shirt for your green day baby :). Thanks for sharing!