Friday, January 2, 2009

Starting the New Year Off Right....

We were privileged to have these stair-stepped children in our house for a New Year's Eve sleepover. These are the children of two families, ours and the Williams. When our two families get together we have a house full, and that is no exaggeration! We had such a good time together. The kids have so much fun with each other too. The Williams are our dear friends that we have known since college. Robert and Barry were roommates when Robert and Leandra were engaged and Barry and I were just starting to date. They were married 1 year (nearly to the day) before us. It seems we have been following in their footsteps ever since. Every year after they had a child, we had one (until they lapped us this time around). The cruise we went with them on (our 1st anniversary and their 2nd) is a distant memory. They have 5 kids now; 3 boys and their last two are girls. Their fifth child is 7 weeks old and we will be having our fourth in March. Combined, our children's ages in order are as follows: 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, almost 3, almost 2, 7 wks, and one due March 20th. We get together as often as we can, which is usually for kids birthdays, and as you can see 9 kids in 8 years has kept us pretty close.

Here are some pics of the brood the morning of New Year's Day...

Having Breakfast


Having Lunch


Having snack(yes, she's sitting on the table). :)


Group picture


S. had enough and is done taking group pictures!

Good times! I'm glad we got that picture before the next two are standing. I'll end this post with the last stair-step picture we took before small and S.; taken just over 4 years ago. My, how they have grown, and our families for that matter!

By the way, Williams' this is our public plea for you two to start your own blog. The world needs to hear your stories. We know it would be golden!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I like the new layout!

Alicia said...

Love the new look! Great job!

TexasPatrick said...

Oh man, yeah it looks like two families . . . the Brady Bunch AND the Waltons . . .

Barry said...

Now THAT would be an interesting match up! Which do you think is which? Personally I think we're a little "groovier" than they are.

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are so sweet. We had a great time too. I think you've talked me into a blog- I'll let you know when we've got it up. When are you coming to visit us?

Leandra